Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Brunch

Nothing beats an afternoon meal with those you love. Today we had a family brunch that was fit for a King. 


The dish was made up with:
Maple infused salmon 
Artichokes with seafood stuffing
Pasta salad 
Garden fresh tomato salad

The salmon was seasoned with salt and pepper a small dollop of butter and local maple syrup. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and grilled for 10 minutes.

I split the fresh artichokes and scooped out the choke. I then steamed them in lemon water, once they were cooked I placed them in ice water to stop the cooking. I then made a stuffing of crumbled butter crackers, thyme, parsley, onion, celery, baby clams, crab meat and shrimp. Once the stuffing was completed I filled each half of artichoke and placed in a heavy duty baking dish. I finished them by placing them on the grill (high heat) for 15 minutes. I placed a small dish with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping.

The pasta salad was a combination of fresh local vegetables diced and tossed with pasta, grated cheese, olives, capers and Italian dressing.

The Garden fresh salad was cubed fresh tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onion, parsley, chopped basil, crushed garlic and dressed with wine vinegar.


No comments: