Sunday, October 14, 2012

Feel Better Food

This past week has been rough in our household with everyone getting sick one after another. I had a very busy work week and after many restless days and nights I ended up calling in sick on Friday. Thankfully, Rebecca found a great deal on 3 packs of NyQuil at Costco and the past 3 days I have been spent getting some much needed rest due to my favorite blue elixir. Tonight I finally came out of my room craving hot wings and cookies. Rebecca went out and picked up Wings over Springfield and after eating my spicy dinner I whipped up some cookies. I decided to mix some of my favorite items for a yummy, somewhat healthy snack - Oatmeal, coconut and dark chocolate!

Oatmeal Chocolate Coconut Cookies

Cream together:
 1 cup butter (room temp) / 1+1/4 cup brown sugar / 1/4 cup white sugar
Once smooth add in 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons Milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Sift together 1+3/4 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda and a pinch of salt.
Add to creamed mixture until smooth
Then add: 3 cups rolled oats, 1+1/2 cup dark chocolate chips and 2 cups flake coconut (unsweetened)
Mix until well incorporated and place in refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 375*F 
Once oven is preheated remove the cookie dough from the fridge and spoon rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets and bake for 12-14 minutes.
Feel free to substitute some of the flour with whole wheat flour or skip the white sugar and use sweetened coconut instead. This is a good recipe to adjust to your tastes. I am normally not a baker because I don't like following a set recipe which is why I enjoyed making these!

No comments: