Monday, November 12, 2012

Insalata di pollo alla griglia

That's right, Grilled Chicken salad in the winter time! If there is one thing I have impressed upon my family is that there are no seasonal boundaries to a delicious meal. I love to use my grill in the winter time and eat a hearty stew in the middle of summer. While we are often restricted to purchasing inferior produce during the winter months the options available at the local grocery stores has come a long way from when I was a kid.

Tonight I pounded out a couple of fresh chicken breasts and seasoned them with garlic, pepper, oregano, parsley, rosemary and thyme and cooked them on a hot griddle. I realize that this isn't really Grilled Chicken but I love using a griddle or frying pan for salad chicken. It cooks evenly, you don't burn the herbs and the chicken comes out juicy with a crisp, golden exterior.


My salad consisted of a head of romaine lettuce, some torn spinach leaves, carrots, grape tomatoes, celery, capers, assorted olives, thin shavings of provolone cheese and topped off with slices of the chicken breasts and roasted peanuts. Not only is this dinner delicious it is one of my sons favorite meals, much like Kix cereal this dinner was kid tested and Mother approved!


No comments: