Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pork - it does the body good

Sunday afternoon I decided to make a boneless pork loin for lunch. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it but after rummaging through the pantry and refrigerator I decided I would make a teriyaki style roast. I started by placing the pork roast in a honey teriyaki marinade for an hour. After prepping the rest of the ingredients I placed the pork with the marinade in a roasting pan surrounded by sliced onions, peppers and carrots. I then topped the roast with green onions and parsley. The next layer was diced fresh ginger and garlic with orange juice and then I finished by covering it with pureed pineapple and orange slices and fresh cracked pepper.

I baked it in the oven at 325 degrees for about 3.5 hours. The meat was juicy, sweet and oh so good! Unfortunately after smelling it cook we were all so hungry I forgot to take a picture of it all sliced and plated with the veggies surrounding it but I'm sure you can imagine how yummy it was. I think this is a meal I will repeat as well as try with different types of meat including rabbit and chicken next time!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wonder how that would be with tofu? Sounds rather yummy :-)