Sunday, August 5, 2012

Anniversary Breakfast in Bed

Today marks 17 years of marriage and I decided to make homemade waffles for my wife. I presented her with a plate of waffles accompanied by a cordial glass of local maple syrup and fruity love note. I guess you could say it was a fluffy breakfast that ended up tacky and sweet! 
Normally I make these with all purpose flour but in an attempt to be a little healthier I did half all purpose flour and half whole grain wheat flour and bumped up the baking powered a little bit. I started with a recipe that sounded good and made lots of adjustments to make it my own. Below is what I came up with. The nice part is you don't have to separate your egg whites from the yolks. If you have a good blender it great because everything is blended in one container that also doubles as your pouring vessel when you are ready to start making the waffles. If you don't have a good blender you can use a stand mixer. With my Waffle Iron I yield between 18-20 waffles from this recipe. 

Ingredients:


Dry ingredients:                                                         Wet ingredients:             
2 Cups All Purpose Flour                                          2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Salt                                                        2 Cups Warm Milk
4 Teaspoons Baking Powder                                     1/3 Cup Melted Butter
4 Tablespoons White Sugar                                       1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract


Directions:


1: In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients
2: In a blender mix together all the wet ingredients
3: Slowly add the dry mixture into the blender once the wet ingredients are well incorporated. Continue blending until all the dry mixture has been added. You may need to stop occasionally to scrape down the side of the blender
4: Once the wet and dry ingredients have been completely blended together let the batter rest while the waffle iron is heating up
5: Pour batter into pre-heated waffle iron and cook to desired doneness then enjoy!
Happy Anniversary Rebecca - I Love you!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh yum. I love waffles... THAT is why I don't make them very often :-/