Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Some Like it Hot

I started with a paprika and cayenne infused homemade spaghetti. Once the pasta was on the rack and drying I began setting up the ingredients I needed for the Shrimp Fra Diavolo.
I minced several cloves of garlic, a couple different types of hot peppers,I sliced a large onion, several frying peppers, a large scallion and fresh parsley all from our back yard garden. 
I also made a quick batch of marinara 
Once everything was ready I prepared a bowl of peeled and deveined shrimp, I used 26-31 sized shrimp for this dish.
 I tossed the shrimp with some of the minced garlic, a splash of olive oil and a healthy sprinkle of hot pepper flakes.
I sauteed the remaining garlic in olive oil and once it was soft and aromatic I added the onions and peppers until they began to soften. Then I added in the diced fresh hot peppers and removed it from the heat. In a hot pan I sauteed the shrimp on one side, once I flipped them I added in the veggie mixture and a couple scoops of the marinara sauce and heated through till the shrimp were fully cooked. In a large pot of  boiling salted water I cooked the fresh pasta for about 90 seconds. Once the pasta was cooked and still al dente I drained it and immediately plated each serving. 
The best part was the last part - eating it all. Now if I only had a maid to come clean up all my dishes!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

'Fra' is one of my favorite Italian meals ... yours looks yummy.